youth summer camps
Summer Camps for Boys and Girls ages 6-upNEW Camp activities and games added!
Camp Curriculum For Summer Camp Levels 1 and 2
This is a beginner camp focusing on learning basic horsemanship skills, and learning to ride for the first few times all at the walk. This is geared towards younger kids who have never ridden a horse or never had any experience around horses. Whatever your child’s desired discipline (English or Western) he/she will gain extensive knowledge and instruction in the following areas:
- Horse Safety
- Horse ground handling Tacking/Saddling
- Riding instruction
- Horse Anatomy
- Horse care
- And lots of time in the saddle!
Students will also have the opportunity to create horse-oriented crafts and play horse-related games.
We have professional, well-qualified instructors ready to give your child a safe, unique and memorable equestrian learning experience!
Camp Curriculum for Level 2 Camp
The Level 2 camp is a continuation of Level 1 camp focusing on laying a solid foundation for kids in horsemanship skills plus starting to develop trotting.
- Students in the Level 2 camp will review grooming and tacking if necessary. But, students are expected to be able to mostly groom and tack their own horses with help of volunteers or instructors.
- Students will often ride twice per day in the Level 2 Camp. Riding will be conducted in a formal lesson atmosphere.
- Students will have opportunities to bathe and care for their horses as if it was their own horse.
- Students will progress in their riding skills and become more efficient riders.
- Students will show off their learned skills in a more formal horse show at the end of the week.
Call for more information
Call us at 303-665-4637.To register, please download and send the registration forms (click button) along with a $150 non-refundable deposit to the address listed on the form!
Friday “Horse Show”
Camp attendee and one guest may attend and must wear a mask and maintain social distancing. You will also need a temperature test before you are admitted. Camp director will schedule a morning or an afternoon horse show for your camp attendee and will let you know the time for you both to show up. These rules are in place until COVID-19 has passed.
Dates and CostEarly Registration is $425 before April 30th
Level 1 & 2 (full Day Camps)
9am – 3pm Monday–Friday
|Camp Dates||Available Spots||Camp Full|
|June 1 – 5||✓|
|June 8 – 12||✓|
|June 15 – 19||✓|
|June 22 – 26||✓|
|June 29 – July 3||✓|
|July 6 – 10||✓|
|July 13 – 17||✓|
|July 20 – 24||✓|
|July 27 – 31||✓|
|August 3 – 7||✓|
|August 10 – 14||✓|
How To Register
Download forms complete and mail to Academy Stables, Inc.. Once received, your registration will be checked in.
We do not reserve space over the phone!
For any questions please call 303-665-4637 or use the contact page.
Thank you for your interest!
Note: Discounts cannot be stacked. Choose one discount option per camper.
Early Bird Discount
Early Registration is $425 before April 30
Multiple Camp Discount
Each child will be given an Academy Stables t-shirt.
Additional shirts are available for $10/each.
We would like campers to wear their shirts on Friday for the horse show and pictures.
What to Bring
- Preferred attire includes Jeans, T-Shirt, Tennis Shoes or Boots (no open-toed shoes) and hat or baseball cap.
- Water is required for all campers.
- Lunch for full-day campers is required.
- Sunscreen application is required, either before or during camp if parents wish to send sunscreen with their children.
- Snacks are recommended but not required.
Because of COVID-19 we ask that students also bring:
Certified riding helmet (no bike or snow-sport helmets). Face mask. We can supply a helmet but encourage people to bring their own.
Safety Always Comes First!
COVID-19 Safety persuasions
Only one driver allowed per camp attendee. Please wait at your car until a staff member assists you. When Staff directs, the driver may exit the automobile and must wear a face mask and maintain social distancing.
Temperature test will be given before camp attendee can be admitted.
If driver or camp attendee has shortness of breath, temperature or any COVID-19 symptoms, you are not allowed on the property.