Summer Camps for Boys and Girls ages 6-up
NEW Camp activities and games added for summer 2017!
Even if your child has no previous riding experience, one of our 5-day camps will provide a priceless learning experience and TONS of fun!
To register, please send the registration & release forms (printable below) along with a $150 non-refundable deposit to the address listed on the form! It’s that easy!
Camp Curriculum For Summer Camp Levels 1 and 2
Whatever your child’s desired discipline (English or Western) he/she will gain extensive knowledge and instruction in the following areas:
- Horse Safety
- Horse ground handling
- Riding instruction
- Horse Anatomy
- Horse care
- And lots of time in the saddle!
Students will also have the opportunity to create horse-oriented crafts and play horse-related games.
We have professional, well-qualified instructors ready to give your child a safe, unique and memorable equestrian learning experience!
Camp Curriculum for Level 3 Camp
The Level Three camp is considered the more advanced camp, although students don’t need to be advanced riders to attend. If students have taken formal lessons from an Academy Instructor or an instructor at a different barn, they are encouraged to sign up for Level Three Camp. If a student has completed a Level One or Two camp in the past at Academy, or has done advanced camps at a different facility, it is recommended that they sign up for Level Three Camp. Level Three Camp Curriculum
- Students in the Level Three camp will review grooming and tacking if necessary. But, students are expected to be able to mostly groom and tack their own horses.
- Students will often ride twice per day in the Level Three Camp. Each lesson per day will be on a different horse. Riding will be conducted in a formal lesson atmosphere.
- Students will learn how to Lunge horses (work a horse in a round-pen) and will have opportunities to bathe and care for their horses as if it was their own horse.
- Students will progress in their riding skills and become more efficient riders.
- Students will show off their learned skills in a more formal horse show at the end of the week. Parents are encouraged to attend, and pizza will be ordered for the students and their families
Not sure about which camp to sign up for?
Please email to reserve a space. If email is unavailable, call us at 303-665-4637.
Friday “Horse Show”
On Friday, we invite the parents to attend the Gymkhana/horse show. The students will proudly demonstrate the skills they’ve learned with barrels and poles! After the show we’ll provide a pizza party for the kids and their parents! (ages six and up, please)
Dates and Cost
Academy Stables offers Full Day camps every week starting the week of May 29th, and ending the week of August 14th, 2017.
- Full Day Camps
- 9am – 4pm Monday- Friday
- Levels 1 & 2
- Level 3 Camps
- June 12, 3pm – 7pm, Mon, Wed, Fri
- July 10, 3pm – 7pm, Mon, Wed, Fri
- August 7, 3pm-7pm, Mon, Wed, Fri
How To Register
- Contact us to reserve your child’s place, then download the forms below.
- Mail the registration form and release form with your $150 (non-refundable) camp deposit to Academy Stables.
- Bring the remaining balance on the first day of camp.
Download Release Form
Our mailing address:
4277 N. 109th St.
Lafayette, CO 80026
NOTE: All Checks Should be Made Payable to “Academy Stables, Inc.”
Note: Discounts cannot be stacked. Choose one discount option per camper.
Early Bird Discount
– Register by April 30 and receive $20 off!
Return Camper Discount
– If you are a return camper or are registering for multiple camps, you’ll receive $15 off!
Multiple Camp Discount
– If you are registering for multiple camps, you’ll receive $20 off the second, third, etc. camp!
Each child will be given an Academy Stables t-shirt.
Additional shirts are available for $10/each.
We would like campers to wear their shirts on Friday for the horse show and pictures.
What to Bring
- Preferred attire includes Jeans, T-Shirt, Tennis Shoes or Boots (no open-toed shoes) and hat or baseball cap.
- Water is required for all campers.
- Lunch for full-day campers is required.
- Sunscreen application is required, either before or during camp if parents wish to send sunscreen with their children.
- Snacks are recommended but not required.
Helmets are provided, but students may bring their own certified riding helmets (no bike or snow-sport helmets) if they wish.
For any questions please call 303-665-4637 or use the contact page. Thank you for your interest!
Safety Always Comes First!We care deeply about the safety of every rider and every animal. Riders must demonstrate competence and a willingness to comply with our safety standards before they will be cleared to ride. Unwillingness to do so will result in dismissal from the program. Safety equipment including a helmet and proper riding gear must be used at all times by all riders, regardless of age or experience. Thank you for your efforts in making Academy a safe, productive learning atmosphere!